Saturday, April 01, 2006

 

Sacred Symbolism

from a conversation on the Iseum...

For me, I have always held trees, spirals, stars, moon and water as sacred. I think my own imagery is mixed up within this. Whether it be a spiral encompassing and hugging all that I am, all that makes up my ancestry, my present, my future....ever expanding and growing, flexing with the pulse of life--or whether it be the Sea, with the tides flowing to-and-fro, washing over me, encompassing me, and cleansing me, uniting me with the ancestral lands overseas, and with the moon through the tidal influences--or perhaps the tree that I have always held so dear, sending her feet into the Earth to ground me, to bring the life force up and into me, so that my body, my mind, my being is nourished and refreshed, tying me to the Earth, but to the Waters of life, to the Air that breezes through my leafy-hair to cleanse my mind and help me see beyond, to touch the sky and the stars, the Moon, and the universe that goes on unseen.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?