Sunday, April 02, 2006

 

Blodeuwedd & Emergence

another of my posts to the Iseum that I want to remember....


Let's also discuss Blodeuwedd, as we come into emergence...or whichever
Goddess you are personally working with as Maiden. This is the time of
the Maiden. What does that mean for us? For the most part, our
personal maiden times are...ahem...gone by. I know mine sure has! Yet
the Maiden still resides in me. What does she mean to you? What does
the idea of Emergence mean? If we are to flower like the buds on the
trees, what does that mean to you in your life?

As Beltane nears, think about how you'd like to bring these themes into
being in your life, your surroundings. I can't wait to hang all the
flowers garlands that I have prepared...the house practically screams
Beltane by May 1st. Have you ever tied ribbons in the trees for
Beltane? Another fun and beautiful way to keep it.

I think my posts earlier today on my Live Journal and Yahoo!360 were pretty appropriate to Blodeuwedd, spring, and Emergence. I basically said that I am seeing and feeling Spring everywhere. In the new energy that is present, the new life that is emerging, the buds that are soon to spring forth, the leaves that are peeking through, the bunnies bouncing and foraging, and in the way I feel. I am feeling more energetic, especially today after the way I felt the past week--which may have been tied to my unusually heavy period--but I feel like it is time to get moving and get things going. Walk, move, do.

For me, Spring/Emergence is a time of new things coming forth, breaking free of old things, and trying new things. Birth, ideas, beginnings--all these things are what I feel within and without at Springtime.

Blodeuwedd, to me, represents the clean slate upon which we may write. She is a fresh flower, an innocent, a Goddess of freshness, simple pleasures. Yet, at the same time she has a strength of character, and a determination to move forward. She is not stagnant, will not sit still and wait for what is to come, but must be moving, flowing, budding into what will be.

Beltane? I have not made definite plans yet, but I would like to be able to meet with the area Pagan group I met with last summer. Of course, I would also do my own celebration. I have already put the spring flowers, or actually did not take them down...at least one vase. I want to get more garlands to put on my hearthplace and lamp pole, to bring the energy inside. I want to clean really well, too--but that I will be doing this weekend and next, because my sweet sister Marta is coming on April 12-16. ;)

as for the energy around me now..... I felt so energized, and feel so close to the Goddess right now, especially being able to read all the wonderful posts here, that I went in and put on several special pieces of jewelry--my amber & jet Goddess necklace & bracelet, pentacle earrings, and my Mother Goddess ring, and a spiral ring that I also think is a Reiki symbol. I don't often wear jewelry at home except for ritual, but I felt like it today, and boy, oh boy, does it make me feel pretty, young, and happy!!!!! just a little thing like that!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?