Thursday, January 26, 2006

 

Imbolc Dedication

Image hosting by Photobucket


I wanted to share some exciting news with you. This Imbolc, which is fast-approaching, I will be dedicating myself to Brigid. In the past, I have dedicated to the Great Mother Goddess and have also given my pledge to Hecate, not to mention re-dedication to the Goddess. Though I've followed and worked with other Goddesses, the face which has always been closest to me is Brigid. This will be the first time that I pledge specifically to Her. I will be pledging myself to Her service, and reaffirming my committment to my path. What I hope to gain is a stronger connection (though I admit I feel it is a strong connection already) with the Goddess. I have yet to sit and write out a meaningful dedication, but will do that this weekend, as well as set my altar and the rite.

Since early in my path, the hearth has always been a central focus and theme, though for a few years I had gotten away from that, unintentionally. I feel that by dedicating to Brigid now, I will be uniting all the parts of my path into a cohesive and connected whole. I believe that my natural magick (herbalism, stone work, ocean magick, fey magick, etc.) are all part of my cottagey-hearthy home. Now they will be unified even more.

Now, of course this does not mean I will forsake any associations with other Goddesses when the need or connection arises, but to me it shows that I am making a formal pledge, formal acknowledgment of my respect and also giving my gratitude to Brigid for the gifts I have and will receive. I hope to receive the creative inspiration I so often need, as well as the energy of the flame, the guidance with my healing work, and the strength of Brigid's firey spirit.

Anyway, I am looking forward to this, and am very excited to have finally decided to take this step. I have not set my meal plans in place for that night. It is a weekday and I will have to work both on Imbolc-eve and Imbolc-day. I think I'll ask my hubby to make a potato soup and we can have a salad. Something simple, with dairy, greens, and bread. Sounds good, huh?

I will also become a flamekeeper for Brigid, as part of a cill with others. This means that on a given day of a cycle I will have the honor of lighting Brigid's flame and keeping it going in her name! This is very special to me, and I am very grateful to be a part of this special rite.

I hope all of you have a blessed Imbolc! May inspiration shine upon you all!

Comments:
Congratulations, and may Brigit's blessing be with you today, and throughout the coming year!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?