Saturday, September 03, 2005

 

The Goddess and me...

A question was posed on my hearthway group:

Sisters, what about you? Have the Gods and Goddesses you revered and
worked with changed over time, as you traveled your path journey?
How did you deal with that? Are they still a part of your life and
practice? How? (For instance, I still light Brighid's flame as her
flamekeeper, and I always will. Hers and Modron's and Cerridwen's
images still grace my main altar. Frigga and Freya are on my tool
altar.) Please share.



For me, I began with the Great Goddess, the Mother Goddess, and she is with me still. I saw her in Isis, in Brigid, in Diana. Different forms, but always herself... I have never "abandoned" her, and never "felt" that she thought so, even in my despairing days. I perhaps have never worked with her in the way you have, as an ordained priestess, yet I am a priestess in my own right--dedicated to Her. I talk with her still. I found Her in nature, as Gaia, as the gentle fairy woman of the Earth, and again in Hecate, the strength, the guidance, the teachings of wisdom. I see her gentleness in Danu, her inspiration in Brigid, her mystery in Cerridwen. I feel her compassion in Kuan Yin, her love in Green Tara. Now I find her again as Brigid, and then spreading outward in a new direction, I see her at home in Frigga...

Yet, all the while she has been with me, she listens to me, she fills me with hope, strength, love, compassion. She teaches me to listen to myself, to face my own challenges, to be brave in the face of the unknown.

Though my experience with the Goddess is varied, it is still true to my own self, because she is within. She is part of me, my blood, my spirit. Whether we distinguish between the Celtic ancestry, the Germanic ancestry, the Italian ancestry...the Goddess is still there in one guise or another. I feel that she accepts however I see her as needed for that time. For the lesson I can learn from her in whichever face she puts forward to me.

So for me, though I know not where I shall go from here, I feel that learning all the different ways, however deep or however shallow, I shall be learning from Her what I need to learn, to grow, gain wisdom, learn my lessons, and learn to share those gifts with others.

She is she, and I am me, but together we are limitless...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?