Sunday, July 03, 2005

 

Time

It flows past us at a rate we barely notice, until something brings us up short to recognize it has come and gone...we think we have forever, when we are young, and we cannot imagine an ending in the future. Yet, here I sit, thinking I am still young and have so much time before me, but realizing all the while that it is being eaten up in ticks and tocks and chunks of activity. Things I must do to live the life I desire, yet that I wish I did not have to do so that I could do the things I would rather be doing. Or nothing at all.
Time--that unseen entity, everpresent.
Time--that friend, that foe.
Time--to spend, to lose, to waste, to miss.
Time--to love, to enjoy, to play, to rejoice.
Time to BE.
What thing more consumes our mind and our lives, yet we barely feel it?
I say, I want to look upon it as a friend I miss when it has passed, and not dread its coming. I want to look forward to that "when", that time, when I can spend it all doing what I choose to do and do so with joy in my soul, and in my heart.
a Time to SMILE, to LOVE, to LIVE.
and now, it is time to end this rambling and go enjoy some FREE time.....
farewell friends, see you soon--in TIME!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?