Sunday, June 05, 2005

 

Beads! Beads! Beads!


Beads! Beads! Beads!

Well, trying for the second time---I had my post all typed, and after I previewed it, I somehow lost all I had written. I guess I don't have the hang of this blogspot yet. dang! so, here goes...

I took this photo of beads and things about a year ago, and made stationery from it! I am sharing it here with you because beads are a big part of my life, and because I am about to embark on a new beading endeavor--today, I hope!

About a week or so ago we got an unexpected bonus from work! Woohoo! I was able to use part of it to get myself my "un-birthday" present--or my early birthday present, since I had asked for it already but my bday is not until July. lol I have been wanting to learn to bead-crochet for years, but because I always have a problem with tension when I've tried regular crochet, I did not think I could ever learn it. However, many sister-beaders have assured me that is not the case and that I will be able to do it!

So, I ordered a "Learn to Bead Crochet from Scratch" kit from Lydia the Beadwrangler at www.7beads.com. The kit comes with a 3-stage kit where you learn using larger beads (size 6), then progress to a mid-size bead (size 8), until you are ready to do your final project using smaller beads (size 11). You get to choose the color of your final project, and whether you want your final project to be a bead-crochet rope (necklace) or a bead-crochet amulet bag. I have chosen the rope, as I know how versatile it will be for me, and that is what I have wanted to make for so long!

My kit arrived on Friday....in great shape despite the damage to the shipping box! Phew! Since the kit includes all the different sized needles, thread, and beads, I am good to go! So, wish me luck! I hope to start playing with this today! I'm so excited!

Have a great day, everyone!

hugs,
Berta Moonchild

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?