Monday, May 30, 2005

 

Herbs and Things~


Scent of Magic by Kinuko Y Craft

One of my favorite things to do is watch my garden grow. I love to watch the seedlings sprout and take root, growing stronger with each passing day. I may hate to weed, but I know it is necessary, sometimes, in order for those plants that I specifically am nurturing to thrive. I will often say a blessing to the Goddess when I weed and tend my garden asking that my garden beds be allowed to grow weed-free. The majority of our 3/4 acre is naturalized woodland, and so I allow an abundance of plants and "weeds" to grow unimpeded there.

After my garden flourishes, I enjoy harvesting the herbs and vegetables. I admit that I do not harvest many of my flowers, as I like to see them in front of the house when I come home from work or when I spend time outside. I may cut a few here and there, but the majority of them adorn the outside world.

I love to hang my herbs if I have room, but most of the time I end up drying them flat either on my kitchen counter, or in my craft room--which stays relatively dim and is a very dry room.

This image from Kinuko Y Craft, Scent of Magic, is special to me because it represents this part of my hearthcraft--the herbalist using the tools of her trade.

Enjoy yourself in nature, watch the flowers and herbs grow, and feel the magic within!

Blessings,
Moonchild

Comments:
Bertalah, I see you figured out how to use the pictures! I answered your question on my blog, did you see it? I LOVE the pic at your blog. It is very much you, just as the hearthkeeper one really feels like me! Isn't this great? I love your blog. I added it to the list of sister's blog at the hearthkeepers website. Great job, Bertalah!

Hearthkeeper
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?