Monday, May 30, 2005

 

Happy Memorial Day!

Today is a gorgeous day here in rural Illinois! The sky is blue and the sun is shining and warm! I see some dark clouds threatening, but they will likely bring only a refreshing sprinkle of rain, if anything, to my neck-of-the-woods.

I have spent the day enjoying myself here at home, indoors and out. Lit a candle of remembrance and gratitude to my ancestors, and to the spirits of the land to honor them on this Memorial Day.

I am feeling refreshed and alive, and enjoyingthe sounds around me--birds singing, people in the distance playing volleyball or some other activity in laughter and good cheer. I hear the frogs and crickets singing in the distance, too. I am ready to venture out for my afternoon walk, a chance to be part of the abundant life!

I wish you and yours a day filled with joy and merriment, and a time of remembrance for those special to you!

hugs, Berta

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?